Carpentry is a satisfying trade which offers the prospect of working outdoors and “being your own boss”. The building trade in Australia is growing and carpentry remains a very popular choice for young people entering into apprenticeships.
Carpentry with AGA
AGA usually offers full time carpentry apprenticeships in multiple regions each year. Positions will be advertised here on our website when they become available.
All of our successful applicants :
- Receive reimbursement of course fees upon completion of your training;
- Will be placed with a host employer who will provide you with on-the-job training and work experience;
- Receive ongoing support and mentoring from a dedicated AGA field officer who will visit you in the workplace and arrange all of your training, placements, tool kit and safety gear.
Applicants need to be prepared to :
- Work in different locations, and make their own travel arrangements to get to work (a licence is desirable);
- Accept work placements as provided by their field officer, which may involve rotation between more than one host employer.
More information on Carpentry apprenticeships at AGA