The electrical trade is a satisfying one which offers the outstanding career prospects and the opportunity to run your own business. It is therefore a competitive apprenticeship to get into.
Electrical with AGA
AGA usually offers full time electrical apprenticeships in multiple regions each year. Positions will be advertised here on our website when they become available. Applicants should have completed a pre-apprenticeship course with AGA or another training provider.
All of our successful applicants :
- Receive reimbursement of course fees upon completion of your training;
- Will be placed with a host employer who will provide you with on-the-job training and work experience;
- Receive ongoing support and mentoring from a dedicated AGA field officer who will visit you in the workplace and arrange all of your training, placements, tool kit and safety gear.
Applicants need to be prepared to :
At the completion of your apprenticeship with AGA, you will also need to sit your “A Grade” examination with the Chief Electrical Inspector in order to become a registered electrician. This exam is conducted externally but you will receive training and preparation from AGA.
- Work in different locations, and make their own travel arrangements to get to work (a licence is desirable);
- Accept work placements as provided by their field officer, which may involve rotation between more than one host employer.
More information on Cert III Electrical apprenticeships with AGA