Plumbers connect and maintain water and gas supplies to domestic, commercial and industrial buildings. They learn about general plumbing and gasfitting, the installation and repair of heating and ventilation systems, drainage and roofing. Plumbing is a regulated trade which requires a four year (Certificate III in Plumbing) apprenticeship to be qualified.
Due to the excellent career prospects for plumbers, the plumbing qualification is a popular choice with our apprentices. Plumbing offers the opportunity to run your own business, or work for someone else. Plumbers are in high demand in Australia and overseas.
Plumbing with AGA
AGA usually offers full time plumbing apprenticeships in multiple regions each year. Positions will be advertised here on our website when they become available.
All of our successful applicants :
- Receive reimbursement of course fees upon completion of your training;
- Will be placed with a host employer who will provide you with on-the-job training and work experience;
- Receive ongoing support and mentoring from a dedicated AGA field officer who will visit you in the workplace and arrange all of your training, placements, tool kit and safety gear.
Applicants need to be prepared to :
To become a registered Plumber you will also need to sit an examination with the Plumbing Industry Commission after your apprenticeship with us. This exam is conducted externally but you will receive training and preparation from AGA.
- Work in different locations, and make their own travel arrangements to get to work (a licence is desirable);
- Accept work placements as provided by their field officer, which may involve rotation between more than one host employer.
More information on Cert III Plumbing Apprenticeships with AGA