Traineeships are a form of paid employment where you learn the essential skills for your profession while you work and earn a salary.
AGA offers a range of traineeships which include :
Other traineeships are also available, depending upon the current availability of host employers.
- Certificate III in Business and Business Administration
- Certificate III in Financial Services
- Certificate III in Information Technology
- Certificate III in Water Operations
- Certificate III in Logistics (Warehousing)
AGA will provide you with great employment support and training throughout your traineeship with us. Most of our traineeships have a nominal duration of 18 months to complete, however you can complete the traineeship sooner if you achieve the necessary competencies before this time. Your field officer will find you a work placement within our network of host employers. AGA trainees can expect to work in businesses such as accounting and legal firms, transport companies, schools, surveying and insurance companies and government.
Training is delivered in the workplace by a qualified AGA field officer/instructor. All of your tuition costs are covered by AGA.
Traineeships with AGA
AGA offers full time business traineeships in all regions throughout the year. Positions will be advertised here on our website and you can apply at any time. If a position is not immediately available, an AGA staff member will contact you for an interview as potential host employers are identified.
All of our successful applicants :
- Receive free or subsidised accredited training with AGA;
- Will be placed with a host employer who will provide you with on-the-job training and work experience;
- Receive ongoing support and mentoring from a dedicated AGA field officer who will visit you in the workplace and arrange all of your training, placements, tool kit and safety gear.
Applicants need to be prepared to :
More information on Certificate III in Business (and other) Traineeships with AGA
- Work in different locations, and make their own travel arrangements to get to work (a licence is desirable);
- Accept work placements as provided by their field officer, which may involve rotation between more than one host employer.